Code of Conduct for Players
When I register as a player, not only am I signing to agree my membership of the Cardiff Junior Devils Ice Hockey Club, but I am also signing to say that I understand, and will to the best of my ability, adhere to this Code of Conduct.
- I will participate because I want to and for the fun of it, not just because my Parents or Coach want me to.
- I will co-operate with and respect my Coach, officials and team mates and opponents, because without them there wouldnot be a game for me to participate in.
- I will play to the rules of the game.
- I will accept success and failure, victory and defeat, equally.
- I will resist any temptation to take banned substances or use banned techniques.
- I will always try to control my temper– both my team, and I will benefit. I understand that competition is stressful and can provoke powerful emotions but fighting and “mouthing off” spoils the game for everyone.
- I will not use inappropriate language.
- I will be a team player and encourage others to work together; if I work hard my team will benefit.
- I will set a positive example for others, particularly younger players and supporters.
- I will remember that my Coaches andother officials are there to help me. I understand that while they can and will make mistakes from time to time, I must still respect their decisions.
- I will let my Coach and Captain ask any necessary questions to officials.
- I will remember that while it is great to win, it should be fun to play at all times.
- I will thank my Coach, the Officials and my parents/supporters for their time and support.
- I will respect the facilities and the property of others.
- I will behave appropriately in the changing rooms and arena (both home and away).
Ice Hockey is a fast andoften aggressive sport but there is a big difference between playing andtraining competitively, and the intimidation and abuse of others. Cardiff junior Devils Ice Hockey Club has a policy of ZERO TOLERENCE towards verbal and physical abuse. Any individual found to be involved in theverbal or physical abuse of another club member may, at the discretion of theDisciplinary Committee, be suspended from the Club.
Code of Conduct for Parents and Supporters
When I register my child as a member of the Cardiff Junior Devils Ice Hockey Club, I am agreeing to say that I understand, and will to the best of my ability, adhere to this Code of Conduct.
I will also, where necessary, explain to my child the Code of Conduct for players and ensure my child understands what is expected of them.
- I will avoid forcing my child to participate in this sport and remember that my child is playing for his/her enjoyment not mine.
- I will encourage my child to play by the rules and to resolve conflict without resorting to violence. I will always lead by example.
- I will not coach my child during the game or training sessions or in the car on the way home etc.
- I will teach my child that although it’s fun to win, trying hard and doing one’s best is really the “name of the game”.
- I will never ridicule or yell at my child for making a mistake or losing a game. I will always offer constructive advice and assurance that continued effort would make for improved performance next time out.
- I will have realistic expectations for my child. I will acknowledge their limitations if they are new to the game and avoid making unfair comparisons against more experienced players – I will accept that in competitive games they may not always get the same amount of ice time as other players.
- I will make sure I support my child in what he or she feels is important. I will praise the achievements that make my child feel good.
- I will support the Coach. I realise that they are dedicated volunteers who are committed to ensuring the best possible experience for my child.
- I will never question the Official’s judgement or honesty in public.
- I will be a supportive and fair spectator when attending my child’s games.
- I will discuss playing fair and encourage my child to understand that violence is as unacceptable in professional sports as it is in their own league.
- I will remember that children learn best by example. I will applaud good play by members of both teams.
- I will respect my child and everyoneinvolved in their sport for their efforts and commitment. I will remember that the people who work tosupport my child in sport are also supporting me.
- I will not shout “at” my child – I willshout for them!!
Ice Hockey is a fast andoften aggressive sport but there is a big difference between playing andtraining competitively, and the intimidation and abuse of others. Cardiff Junior Devils Ice Hockey Club has a policy of ZERO TOLERENCE towards verbal and physical abuse. Any individual found to be involved in theverbal or physical abuse of another club member may, at the discretion of the Disciplinary Committee, be suspended from the Club.